9/28/2009

Paris, je t’aime!

We're in Paris! I've been looking forward to this city more than any other on the itinerary, and it's fantastic to be here at last! We arrived on Friday after a long day on the bus. We've been going nonstop ever since, and it's been wonderful! Highlights include:
  • a nighttime sightseeing cruise on the Seine River
  • a day at the Palace of Versailles
  • a nighttime view of Paris from the top of the Arc de Triumph
  • a very Parisian dinner of bread and cheese by the Seine
  • the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay
  • climbing the tower of Notre Dame cathedral for a close-up of the gargoyles
  • speaking French
  • eating crepes

Tomorrow is our last full day in Paris before moving on for a few days in Normandy. I'm really going to miss this city!

Paris at night from the Arc de Triomph


View from the tower of Notre Dame


With a friend in front of Notre Dame


3 comments:

  1. Wow! That night-time photo of Paris is an award-winner! Makes me wish I was there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Wendy. Kelsey, your photography abilities are top-notch! I'm glad you enjoyed the city. I think the Louvre and the Centre Pompidou were my favorite things when I visited. Did you get to see the latter? What were your favorite pieces of art at the Louvre? When I went they had all sorts of ancient art which is my favorite kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the crepes? Seems they're a little underrepresented here. Did you find a favorite place to get them?

    ReplyDelete