8/27/2009

London

We've arrived in London! We're staying at a dorm at the London School of Economics, and having class in one of their buildings in the mornings. We had our first full day yesterday. Class was mainly just orientation. Once class was over, my friend Joy and I headed out to see some of the city. We walked to Trafalgar Square, over the Thames, and down to the Parliament building, Big Ben, and Westminster Abby. It was quite a walk. I'll post some photos of our outing sometime in the near future.

Today we started out our day with class and a brutal quiz, but the day should be getting considerably better. This afternoon we're going to the British Museum, and tonight we're going to see a production of Tom Stoppard's play "Arcadia". I'm especially excited about "Arcadia", because Stoppard is my favorite writer!

More to come very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, Kelsey you're going to have such a fantastic time there! I wish I could go see that Stoppard play with you, I love him too. Please post more, plus pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you talked about walking over the Thames, I imagined you doing it minus a bridge. Please tell me you've learned to walk on water in England.

    I'm glad to hear you're acclimating nicely and not horribly jet-lagged out of it. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they speak much English over there?

    ReplyDelete